February 25-28, 2014
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Newport Beach, CA
Take Your Career to the Next Level
To view the brochure and registration form click here.
Since its inception in 1995, more than 800 aspiring consultants and Consulting Arborists have attended ASCA’s Consulting Academy to learn and further hone the skills they need to develop and maintain thriving consulting practices.
As the most comprehensive training experience for arborists who consult, the Consulting Academy includes interactive sessions and lectures on all aspects of consulting arboriculture.
Three Big Reasons to Attend
- You’ll be one step closer to becoming a Registered Consulting Arborist® (RCA)--the industry’s most prestigious professional designation.
- You’ll develop the skills and gain the knowledge you need to stand apart from your competition--writing reports, understanding the role consultants play in contentious situations, performing forensic investigations, following guidelines for a professional consulting practice, and more.
- You’ll learn what’s important in transitioning to a consulting career.
Who Should Attend
- Arborists who consult
- Arborists who are ready to transition from a tree care business to consulting
- Arborists who want to begin a consulting division within their tree care business
- Other green industry professionals who are interested in consulting
You must pass:
- An open-book written exam given on the last day of the Academy
- A post-Academy take home report
Your attendance at the Academy is worth 30 CEUs toward ASCA’S Continuing Education requirement for the 2014-2015 reporting period. ISA has approved the Academy for CEUs for Board Certified Master Arborists, Certified Arborist Municipal Specialists, and Certified Arborists.
Prior to the Academy, you will be sent a pre-Academy scenario. You must submit a written report based on that scenario before attending the Academy. You will not be graded on the report; however, it will be used to help inform your coach on your current report writing skills. You are also expected to bring a printed copy with you to the Academy to use during the report writing session.
Your registration fee covers three webinars on practice management topics that are important to consultants, including:
- Consulting Arborist Insurance Needs
- Understanding Professional Service Contracts: Protecting Yourself and Your Clients
- Calculating Your Expenses to Manage Budgets and Determine Customer Fee Structures